Monday, 3 December 2012

Hariyali Channa Masala

"Teri aankhon ki namkeen mastiyaan,
Teri hansi ki beparwaah gustakhiyaan,
Teri zulfon ki lehrati angdaiyaan,
Nahi bhoolunga main,
Jab tak hai jaan, jab tak hai jaan, jab tak hai jaan..."

We went to see Jab Tak Hai Jaan last night, and I must say that I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to. I admire Shahrukh, no doubt, but the trailer did not particularly impress me. In short, the cinematography was brilliant, the music was fantastic (especially the theme music), the story was interesting and captivating, and the film overall carried very well. Much to my dismay though, I tried searching for some acting talent in Katrina, to no avail. Anushka, on the other hand, made a commendable effort.

Rahman's music has always been one that I have adored to the last note, but one that has taken time to grow on to me. I hear it for the first time, and I don't love it immediately. But as the tune plays repeatedly in my heart, and beats at it with its charm, I realise what a masterpiece it is. The theme music really seeped into my bloodstream yesterday, and I've found myself repeating Adi Chopra's poetry and humming the theme music.

So I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Mr. Yash Chopra for a lifetime of amazing films, memories and melodies. No matter what anyone says, you will always be the one that gave us the gem that is DDLJ. 

--

On another note, I'd like to share with you a recipe I tried out yesterday, that was a smashing success. 

I read a lot of blogs, and follow many religiously, and one such blog I follow is Foodelicious. This highly talented blogger has taught me a lot on cooking, and allowed me to experience some truly lip-smacking dishes! I tried one of her dishes yesterday - Hariyali Channa Masala, and absolutely loved it.

Please head to her site to view this original creation of hers: Hariyali Chana Masala


 

One of the many reasons I love this dish, is for the natural flavours it brings out with the unnecessary addition of masala powders or processed food. The best part about this dish is the hint of mint you get from the spinach and chana combination. I was blown away by how good and simple this dish is, and it took me not more than half an hour to have it ready on a plate to gobble up.

 

Thanks Pari, for introducing me to this fantastic dish. I will definitely be making this often!



Nitya